It is always a privilege to be a part of history and 2017 sees the first ever Dublin Leather Pride – an event that builds on the tradition of leathermen heading to Dublin to start the New Year in the company of some of the friendliest and most welcoming company.
Building on the hard work of Geared Ireland and their popular Three Kings event, Leather Pride Dublin promises to be a great curtain raiser to the year. The city has attracted leathermen from right across Europe, the US and beyond because they know they’re going to have a great time. The city has some great venues and the schedule for this inaugural event ensures that visitors will leave with a many great memories.
Friday 27th January
- 10:00 – 18:00 OUTHOUSE Capel Street – Registration for VIP and PRIDE Packages
- 16:00 – 18:00 Irish Whiskey Museum, College Green – VIP Package ONLY
- 18:30 – 21:00 Leather Cocktails, The Blind Pig – VIP Package ONLY
- 21:00 – 02:00 Meet and Greet, Nealons, Capel Street – VIP and PRIDE Packages / WALK IN
Saturday 28th January
- 11:30 – 13:30 Walking Tour, Capel Street Bridge – VIP and PRIDE Packages ONLY
- 13:30 – 15:30 Leather Afternoon Tea and LGBT Equality Talk, OUTHOUSE, Capel Street – VIP and PRIDE Packages ONLY
- 17:30 – 19:30 Leather Dinner, WUFF, Benburb Street, VIP Package ONLY
- 20:00 – 22:00 BLUF Social, The George, South Great Georges Street – VIP and PRIDE Packages / WALK IN
- 21:00 – 03:00 GEARED Ireland, Fibber Magees, VIP and PRIDE Packages / WALK IN
Sunday 29th January
- 12:00 – 14:00 Leather Brunch, Oscars, Christchurch, VIP Package ONLY
- 16:00 – 19:00 Afternoon Social, Pantibar, Capel Street, VIP and PRIDE Packages / WALK IN
- 19:00 – 22:00 Goodbye Drinks, The Black Sheep, Capel Street, VIP and PRIDE Packages ONLY
- 21:30 – 23:30 Bingo, The George, South Great Georges Street, WALK IN
The Geared Ireland guys know how to organise a great fetish event and always give a warm welcome to visitors to the city. In putting together Dublin Leather Pride, the hard working team have created a weekend event that combines fetish fun with an opportunity to get to know the city as well as other leathermen.
For those that have never been to Dublin before, this weekend offers a great opportunity to discover what it has to offer. Depending on which package you opt for, you could partake in a spot of whiskey tasting (that’s whiskey with an ‘e’), socialise at the heart of the local LGBT community at the great OUTHOUSE, or just enjoy the company of other international leathermen in relaxed surroundings.
Where to Stay
The following hotels are recommended by Geared Ireland as being very reasonably priced and all within walking distance of the venues for the weekend. The hotels near Christchurch in particular would be a good choice.
- The Parliament Hotel
- Jury’s Inn Christchurch
- Maldron Smithfield
- Maldon Parnell Square
- Jury’s Inn Parnell Street
- Holiday Inn Express O’Connell Street
How to Get There
For most people not living on the island of Ireland itself, the easiest way to get to Dublin will be to fly. Dublin airport is just outside of the city and has frequent buses into the city for about €6.
For visitors in the UK with easy access to Anglesey from the north west of England, there is the ferry from Holyhead to Dublin which might be an option for some.