Mr LeatherWest 2016
Mr LeatherWest Title Holder’s Event was held as part of the UK Leather Pride 2015 and continues to raise the standard in title contests. Appointed to the office of Mr LeatherWest 2016 was
Dave “Leather Courierman” Brown
Dave’s appointment was confirmed by three of his peers from the European Leather Community who between them have an outstanding understanding of the role of Leather Title Holders and how they can affect change. We were delighted and privilege to be able to draw upon the expertise and wisdom of:
- Mr Pieter Claeys – president of LeatherHistory.eu Foundation and Mr Leather Europe 2009
- Mr Nick Dawson – Mr XXXLeather 2015 and co-organiser of Club of Amsterdam Leathermen (CALM)
- Mr Kevin Murphy – Mr Leather Ireland 2015 and First Runner Up Mr International Leather 2015
Mr LeatherWest 2016’s Pledge
During my time in office, I will work to:
- Raise awareness and increase confidence in reporting male rape and serious sexual assault though supporting Avon and Somerset’s www.thisisnotanexcuse.org campaign.
- Raise funds to help a charity or organisation that is working to support victims of male sexual assault or help to prevent its occurrence.
- Continue the work started by my predecessor to strengthen the leather community in South Wales.
- Support leathermen new to the community to attend events.
- Support the leathermen of the south west through attendance at regional events.
- Promote LeatherWest at regional LGBT pride events.
- Engage with other leather titleholders to further strengthen the links between the leathermen of the LeatherWest region and the wider leather community.
- Attended Geared Ireland Three Kings weekend to raise awareness, engage with other titleholders and strengthen links between communities.
- Attended London Leather Social to research event to support the establishment of a similar event in Cardiff
- Hosted four Leather Social Cardiff events April, May, June & July 2016
- Attended Bristol Pride on 9th July 2016
- Was a judge for Mr Leather Wales 2016
- Attended Pride Cymru on 13th August 2016
- Attended Reading Pride 3rd September 2016
- Planned fund raising dinner for Survivors UK on 10th September 2016.
- Invited to be a judge at Mr Puppy UK 2016 on 24th October 2016
Entrants must be prepared to cover all accommodation and travel costs associated with entering the competition.
For the complete rules, follow this link: Mr LeatherWest Rules and Regulations.
The title holder of Mr LeatherWest will be someone who will be approachable and inspirational while engaging with all sections of our community in order to promote acceptance and inclusion. The title holder must be prepared to uphold and represent the values and principles of LeatherWest (LW Events CIC).
Entrants must be willing to accept the title and position of Mr LeatherWest and its associated responsibilities and duties for the period of one year. See Mr LeatherWest – Role and Responsibilities.
To apply to be considered for the next Mr LeatherWest, you will have to submit an application online or email firstname.lastname@example.org. It is free to enter, but please make sure you read the full Rules and Regulations before submitting your application.